Morning French Toast
Portions: 9 Serving size
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon, reserve half
- 3 large tart apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 loaf Italian bread, cut into 3/4″ slice
- 6 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups rice milk, unenriched
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
Using a baking dish, combine brown sugar, butter and one teaspoon of cinnamon. Add apples and the cranberries; toss well to coat. Spread apple mixture evenly over bottom of the baking dish. Arrange the bread on the top. Mix the eggs, rice milk, vanilla and the remaining cinnamon into a blend well. Pour mixture over bread, soaking bread completely. Cover and refrigerate 4-24 hours. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Bake covered with foil for 30 minutes. Uncover dish and bake 15 minutes or into starts to brown. Remove dish from oven and let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
This recipe contains/per serving: calories 428g, protein:19g, carbohydrates: 60g, fat:16g, Cholesterol: 170g, Sodium:363mg, calcium:81mg, fiber:2.8g and potassium 200mg.